And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,
but rather reprove them
Do you have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness? Most of us would say no. That verse conjures up visions of murder, witchcraft, drugs… things that are definitely the work of darkness. But the unfruitful works of darkness are not always so obvious. If they were, we would not be so easily fooled. Anything that is not of the Lord, is darkness. Here are some common examples of how easily we entertain darkness without realizing it:
1. We are greatly influenced by what we put in our minds, and the things we watch, read, and listen to as well as the people we hang out with, contribute greatly to our mindset and the things we dwell on.
2. There is no such things as harmless gossip. STOP IT! For that matter, stop all negative talk about people. PRAY for them instead.
3. Putting too much focus on material things.
4. Putting ANYTHING before God, which we ALL do a great deal.
5. Being too distracted or busy to pray, study His Word, attend church regularly
Those are just some of the things that I see frequently. I’d love to hear your thoughts.